Upcoming Conferences etc.
please remember to add a closing date to job announcements!
Bits and Pieces
- Um vs Uh in the United States (data from Twitter)
- Specialist video for disfluency researchers.
- How to build a Speech-Jamming Gun (thanks to Michael Schnadt)
- A potentially perfect experimental participant spotted in the wild! (thanks to Beth O'Dea)
- Michael Schnadt's PhD thesis is now available on our output page.
- disfluency makes robots nicer (thanks to Jon Sykes for the link)
- experts at IBM have developed new technology which will pepper synthesised speech with verbal tics, such as ums, ers and sighs (thanks to Anne Cuthbert)
- How far have we come in 39 years? Just discovered this rather interesting review paper from 1973
page revision: 24, last edited: 16 Sep 2014 12:51