Previous EDG meetings
This page lists details of previous literature discussed, culled from the previous wiki. We've tried to maintain links etc. but please feel free to update/correct any links that have gone stale.
- 13th February 2009, Ito, T., Tiede, M., Ostry, D.J., (2009). Somatosensory function in speech perception. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 106, 1245-1248.
- 6th February 2009, Reilly, S., Onslow, M., Packman, A., Wake, M., Bavin, E. L., Prior, M., Eadie, P., Cini, E., Bolzonello, C., Ukoumunne, O. C. (2009).Predicting stuttering onset by the age of 3 years: A community cohort study. Pediatrics, 123, 279-277.
- 30th January 2009 Howell, P., Davis, S.R., Williams, R. (2009). The effects of bilingualism on stuttering during late childhood. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 94, 42-46.
- 23rd January 2009 Bell, A., Brenier, J.M., Gregory, M., Girande, C., Jurafsky, D. (2008). Predictability effects on durations of content and function words in conversational English. Journal of Memory and Language, 60, 92-111.
- 28th November 2008 Nooteboom, S., Quené, H. (2008). Self-monitoring and feedback: A new attempt to find the main cause of lexical bias in phonological speech errors. Journal of Memory and Language, 58, 837-861
- 21st November 2008 Howell, P. (2003). Is a perceptual monitor needed to explain how speech errors are repaired? Gothenburg Papers in Theoretical Linguistics, 90, 29-32.
- 14th November 2008 Carias, S., Ingram, D. (2006). Language and disfluency: Four case studies on Spanish-English bilingualchildren. Journal of Multilingual Communication Disorders, 4, 149-157.
- 7th November 2008 Dell, G. S., Burger, L. K., & Svec, W. R. (1997). Language production and serial order: A functional analysis and a model. Psychological Review, 104, 123-147.
- 24th October 2008 Anderson, J. D.; Byrd, C.T (2008). Phonotactic probability effects in children who stutter. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, 51, 851-866.
- 17th October 2008 Arnold, J.E., Hudson Kam, C.L. & Tanenhaus, M.K. (2007). If you say thee uh- you're describing something hard: the on-line attribution of disfluency during reference comprehension. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory & Cognition, 33, (5), 914-930.
- 10th October 2008 Goldrick, M., & Larson, M. (2008). Phonotactic probability influences speech production. Cognition, 107, 1155-1164.
- 2nd May 2008 Croot, K., Au, C., & Harper, A. (accepted). Prosodic structure and tongue twister errors. Papers in Laboratory Phonology 10.
- 25th April 2008 Veilleux, N., Brugos, A., Shattuck-Huffnagel, S., & Patterson, A., (2007). Distribution of disfluencies and errors in English discourse. Paper presented at the International Conference on Phonetic Sciences, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- 4th April 2008 Watanabe, M., Hirose, K., Den, Y., & Minematsu, N. (2008). Filled pauses as cues to the complexity of upcoming phrases for native and non-native listeners. Speech Communication, 50, 81-94.
- 28th March 2008 Ferreira, F. (2007) Prosody and performance in language production. Language and Cognitive Process, 22, 1151-1177.
- 14th March 2008 Bell, A., Jurafsky, D., Foster-Lussler, E., Girand, C., Gregory, M., & Gildea, D. (2003). Effects of disfluencies, predictability, and utterance position on word form variation in English conversation. Journal of the Acoustic Society of America, 113, 1001-1024.
- 7th March 2008 Jaeger, F. (In Press). Categorical data analysis: Away from ANOVAs (transformation or not) and towards logit mixed models. Journal of Memory and Language. (Here is a pdf copy of Michael's stats presentation.)
- 25 Janunary 2008 Alario, F.-X., Chainay, H., Lehericy, S., & Cohen, L. (2006). The role of the supplementary motor area (SMA) in word production. Brain Research, 1076, 129-143.
- 18 January 2008 Christenfeld, N. (1994). Options and ums. Journal of Language and Social Psychology, 13, 192-199.
page revision: 4, last edited: 09 Mar 2009 16:48